my vitals are twitter,vice & rcrdlbl. if i dont check them every hour i think something bad might happen, like ill be a step behind.

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Marvel at there greatness for they wont be here come next year.

i wanted to be lame and tell you guys what to listen to. i was away from NME and the laptop for a month and felt lost not knowing what was new and exciting. so these are my finds for the winter ahead and lets all hope to god they come to Bucks SU this year so i can meet and mix them.


Delphic.

I saw these guys support little boots on her 'new in town' tour and was meserized. there was only like 20-30 people there to watch them which pissed me off when 20 mintues after there set there was atleast 1,000 people there who missed somthing special. Ocuping a similar space to that of friendly fires, delphic churn out epic electronica at its best.
they're controlled by no set pop infrastructure & recently released there single 'counterpiont' on kitsune which is undoubtly the best electro tune ive heard this year. that plusing arp. sends me all gittery at its monumental climax. as far as im aware there recording an ablum now and currently only have a e.p and a couple of live recordings under there belt. there 2nd single this momentary is out in a week or two and that again is a corker. they've even released the multi tracks of this momentary for fans to remix, which is super awesome. im already half way through my mix.
yeah so these guys are nodoubtly my favorite of the year and expect big things from them. read the pitchfork review below and there doing a kitsune tour in october which will be a must see!


http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/11422-this-momentary/



Wavves
Yeah i know ive already blagged about these guys but when they realeased 'Cool jumper' they really got me excited despite it being lo-fi garage punk thing just seemed a little piontless. limiting thereseleves to crappy 4-tracks and filling out every recording with distortion does nothing for me, but my resentment for that was totally lost when i heard this song. marveling at something so cringe-worthy seems so peculiar, but it might not bother you guys at'll. but they do pretty much optimize everything that comes with drug fueled punk. ok my back in the game i'll just have to grit my teeth till i see them live.

No comments:

Post a Comment